Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2018, 12:19 PM

Default #1 Dodge county

They called me on the radio and ask if need fuel and when I pulled up to pumps they ask how many gallon I wanted or how far down from the neck. Then they took my tow bar and pulled plane to tie downs then took me into town! If you want a car contact Enterprise and they will have a car at airport and FBO will give you the keys and you drop the car at airport and fly away. Stayed Two nights in Beaver lake.
Always an upgrade in progress.
Donated to keep forum alive.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:30 PM

Smile 79c Brennand airport

79C is north of Oshkosh 10 miles buy air. Very nice airport excellent facilities and very good owner. Will give rides to and from OSH.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:41 AM

Although I have never stayed at Fond du Lac (KFLD) during Oshkosh I grew up 1.5 miles south of the field. My parents live so close to the south end of RWY36 that I can sit on their back deck and watch AirVenture parade. In my opinion, Fond du Lac airport does a great job equipping itself for the event. During all other weeks it is a very small operation with a mild amount of 172 training and a few business jet operations per day. During AirVenture, they bring in a portable control tower with controllers that do a phenomenal job of sequencing traffic. Last year, the ~150 Bonanzas that made up the B2Osh flight diverted to Fond du Lac. I watched them come in on 2 mile final and the whole thing looked very controlled and easy.

In addition, Fond du Lac is approximately 20 miles south of Oshkosh on Highway 41 with regular shuttle service between KFLD and KOSH. They do allow airplane camping as well. There are several hotels located near the airport, but I'm sure those are booked up almost immediately (as anyone who has been to AirVenture already knows).

I just glanced at TripAdvisor and overall I agree with their restaurant recommendations. Restaurants that I recommend that are close to KFLD include:

Ala Roma (Italian)
Friar Tuck's (Bar / American)
Gino's (Italian)

Last edited by spannbauer : 11-29-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2018, 07:30 AM

If coming up from the South. Stop at Burlington KBUU. Cheapest fuel prices in Wisconsin, Great food 1 mile walk along a river, and this is home of the Wisconsin Eagle Nest High School program. If we are around and know you?re coming, we will greet you and make sure you learn more about our program.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:23 PM

Default Brennand

The late Bill Brennand built Brennand Airport from scratch. He also established the Oshkosh seaplane base. Bill worked at Wittman Flying Service and learned to fly there.
Bill won the first ever Goodyear Race at Cleveland in 1947 and again in 1949 with the Wittman Buster which used the fuselage and tail of Wittman's 1931 Chief Oshkosh. Prior to the 47 race he had never flown in a race and had only minimal time in the racer.
Bill passed away earlier this year at age 92.
Buster is in the Air and Space Museum, the first homebuilt airplane to be displayed there.