What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GNS430W - Help

bryannortje

Well Known Member
UPDATE

firstly need to ensure you have at least software version 5.2. Go into settings as per Trevor's suggestion below. pick the RS232 port that you have wired the Flightstream into to on the 430W (in my case port 4) - select connext on both the in and out. When you have selected connext then you have the extra page in the AUX functions that now offers Bluetooth connectivity. Repower up and now the 430 is talking to the flightstream and you good to go with completing setup / connections.

Hi Guys

Just busy completing my new panel upgrade and need some help regarding setting up Bluetooth connectivity with the 430W. I have the Flightstream 210 installed and the software version on the Garmin in 5.4. However in the AUX options i only have 4 tabs showing and the last function in the the last tab is the COM settings. There is supposed to be another page with the Connext heading for bluetooth settings etc. This shows all all the literature and YouTube info, but i do not know how to get to it or indeed activate. This is a “new” refurb unit from Garmin via my local avionics shop.... but as a lot of places are closed...

Any help much appreciated. I can be reached best via email and then following initial contact via telephone.

Thank You
Bryan

Last edited:
bryan, i am unaware of any blue tooth function in my 430w. interested in seeing where this post goes.
IMG-0146.jpg

Check your 232 settings

Hey Bryan, check your rs-232 settings and also be sure that your wiring is correct. I believe your connected 232 port should be set to "connext" on the 430W. Check the 210's output is connected to the 430W's input and vice versa.

Hold the ENT button until the Garmin splash screen drops off to access the settings page.

Trevor

Flightstream 210

Hi Guys

Just busy completing my new panel upgrade and need some help regarding setting up Bluetooth connectivity with the 430W. I have the Flightstream 210 installed and the software version on the Garmin in 5.4. However in the AUX options i only have 4 tabs showing and the last function in the the last tab is the COM settings. There is supposed to be another page with the Connext heading for bluetooth settings etc. This shows all all the literature and YouTube info, but i do not know how to get to it or indeed activate. This is a ?new? refurb unit from Garmin via my local avionics shop.... but as a lot of places are closed...

Any help much appreciated. I can be reached best via email and then following initial contact via telephone.

Thank You
Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Are you installing this equipment for the first time, or has this worked in the past? There are some tricky software incompatibilities/software update procedures for this combination of equipment.

There will be several things we need to check. Can you send us an email at [email protected] with your contact information?

Thanks,

Justin

430W & Bluetooth

UPDATE - firstly need to ensure you have at least software version 5.2. Go into settings as per Trevor's suggestion below. pick the RS232 port that you have wired the Flightstream into to on the 430W (in my case port 4) - select connext on both the in and out. When you have selected connext then you have the extra page in the AUX functions that now offers Bluetooth connectivity. Repower up and now the 430 is talking to the flightstream and you good to go with completing setup / connections.

Thanks
Bryan

Back