What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sherwin Williams New Jet Suede

rvanstory

Well Known Member
I received an email from Sherwin Williams Aerospace coatings about a new product called "Jet Suede". Went to their website, but found no information (maybe too new?).

Awaiting a call back from technical assistance from SW distributor, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone has heard of or possibly seen this product? Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.

Looks like a really good option for fiberglass cabin top that might give headliner look and feel without using cloth. I want to "paint" my top, but a soft textured, low gloss finish that could hide imperfections would be awesome.

Here's a link to what info they did send:

https://www.swaerospace.com/cs/aerospace/pdf/Jet_Suede_Press_Release_2018_PDF.pdf?utm_source=sw-subscribers&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-03-spring-aero-efinish&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVRNMU9EQXlZakZpTkRRMyIsInQiOiJ0WkJQeXNqa0Rob3A3ejN5UUN0NkVVdkRXUVhvK051MnJSdU1yQXVXUmsyb2JIQ0V3WUQrWkRRZjI3QTVLa0dHbkZhelVwcjRtdW1QODJQOGJaMkNiNE1IMFN2Y01IVm1FODZpZWV6RFlcL1U5SnNTNzlrR2RYY2J0UExNc05ZMnEifQ%3D%3D

I live just a couple miles down the road from their HQ. Won't have time this week, but next week I'd be glad to call and see if they have a sample panel I could come take a few photos of. It sounds like a pretty novel idea.

I received the same info. I?m looking into using it for the entire interior. The rep in Dallas didn?t know much, but will be getting me some more info soon

I've been looking at Sherwin Williams paint school and they do mention they teach how to shoot that too. Anyone take that class lately?

Heard back from my rep. Very new product...takes about 2 weeks to get once ordered. Prices start at $500 per gallon

Thanks for replies. Yesterday I received a TDS sheet on this product showing more details about application. If you'd like me to send you a copy, please PM me with your email address and I'll forward you a copy.

Back