What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9A Transition Training

dweyant

Well Known Member
Hi,

I'm hoping to fly my 9A next summer, so I'm starting to think about getting some transition training setup.

I'm in Central Texas, anyone recommend a CFI with a 9A in the area?

Thanks,

-Dan

rv9a training

I would recommend taking your transition training the week before you intend to fly your plane. I used Dan Ross in Reno. He does a great job.

Ryan

call me and we can discuss it.

I m a damsite closer in Seguin, Texas. 405-488-5488. I have a 9 taildragger and over 400 hours in it. have flown the -9A and a -7, and the -9A is a pussycat.

Don't limit your transition training to just the -9A. I did mine with an instructor in a -7A. The -9A is easy after that. Just slow everything down a percentage and you will be fine.

Don't limit your transition training to just the -9A. I did mine with an instructor in a -7A. The -9A is easy after that. Just slow everything down a percentage and you will be fine.

I agree with Bruce. My transition training - with approval from my insurance carrier - was done in a 7A. It was VERY educational. If you can land a 7A, a 9A is a cakewalk. :)

Unfortunately, Alex does not have the 7A anymore. Maybe you could use the 7 and go for a tailwheel endorsement while your at it?
4A.

Maybe. Depends on the FSDO that issued Alex's LODA. Most of them will not allow any endorsements other than 'transition training' (e.g., no Flight Reviews, no high performance, no tailwheel) in an experimental aircraft.

Back