What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It's arrived

Future RV 9 Flyer

The fuselage has finally arrived.the big green and white OD truck pulled in at 11:00 today.waited too long before placing my order so spent 2months with nothing to work on.can't wait to get started but Thursday I have knee replacement surgery.will be glad when I can walk with out it hurting.lots of time to study the plans

knee pain

the knee pain will fade with moving about. the fuselage is just what the doctor ordered.

Congrats! The more time spent with the plans, the less overwhelming the construction will seem. I remember the first time I set eyes upon the page with all the fuel and brake plumbing, and feeling a little lost. But a fitting here, a bend in the tubing there, multiple dozens of nut plates, and it all comes together.

Congratulations on the new "baby"

Use some recovery time for inventory, check content of the bags. I made a spreadsheet of the packing list to ensure I had everything. Although I bought a kit in process, so inventory was more of a necessity.

Happy Building!

My wife has 2 artificial knees. The recovery process takes about 12 weeks and don't skimp on the physical therapy. The good news is the new knees gave her much better range of motion. I was very concerned during my build whether or not she would be able to get in and out of the airplane. She has been on several flights since I got out of Phase 1, and so far getting in and out hasn't been an issue. I hope it all goes well for you and the fuselage is going to keep you occupied for a while. Enjoy the build!

congratulations!

and that goes double if it really is a NINE kit and not a NINE-A. you will be unique or nearly so at a lot of our gatherings if it's a nine taildragger. of over 90 RVs at petit jean, for instance, I saw only one nine without the A besides mine.

Back