What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Low oil pressure light recommendation

mikehoover

Well Known Member
Any specific light model number/stock number and vendor for a low oil pressure panel light to use with Vans Hobbs and pressure switch set up?

Thanks!

Might think LED

This is so simple to do with an LED and dropping resistor - and it will never burn out - that I'd just visit an electronics part store (or a Radio shack if you have to :rolleyes: ) and pick one up. I used all LED's in my annunciator panel, and should never have to worry about replacing them.

Paul

LEDs

Thanks for the reply. I would prefer LEDs since I learned about them a while back and am using them for position lights. However I don't know what I'm doing with them - just need a kit. If I go to Radio Shack, what do I need? A red LED and a certain kind of resistor. Regulator? Any schematics for this?

Thanks!

Radio Schack sells LED light assemblies with the resistor built in.. Just hook up to 12 -14 v. They have a selection in red, green, yellow, etc....

I like the bayonet holders from RadioShack here with a Super Bright LED, bayonet style here. The bulbs are 12V with a resister built in. You can go to regular bulbs if you want.

Back