What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar in Yuma, AZ area?

don.olandese

Well Known Member
possibility exists wife may relocate to Yuma, AZ area for work. I see only the international airport as a possibility for basing my RV9. anyone aware of anyplace else in the area? such as airport communities or private airstrips? not across the line in California, please, I don't want the airplane to be taxed any more than it already has been. thanks! don olandese

thanks! and another coupla questions.

couldn't find any other options but thought I might be overlooking something. is yours full? is there a waiting list? got room/willingness to share with an RV-9 (taildragger) if we get there? how is access/ease of use (hassles) at the international airport?

also, separate subject, didn't I once hear that it's legal to land on county roads in Arizona? know anything about that? thanks. don o.

Hangars

Mines not full but I'm not sure that the two of us will fit. I'd like to try and share it if possible. The airport requires that airplanes sharing a hangar has some kind of "relation" to each other. (e.g. one owner has two airplanes). People have been getting around that requirement by forming an LLC or some type of "entity". It's easy enough to do, but some people might balk at something like that.

There is a waiting list that you can sign up online. In my instance the wait was about a month. I know that there are some small T hangars in the NW corner of the airfield that might be available immediately. You could take one of those and then wait for the more desirable hangars.

I've heard the same thing about landing on county roads but never researched with any gusto. Lord knows there's plenty of them out here.

Getting on and off the airport is simple/easy. We're on the opposite side from the Marine Air Station so there isnt any interaction with the Marines to get to your airplane. The airport authority will issue you a badge and vehicle pass after you complete/pass a simple online test.

I think I pay 12.00 for the airplane per year.

If you are house hunting here sometime, give me a call and I can show you my hangar and you can decide if the airplane is going to fit and I can show you around a bit

Dale
(928) 920 2223
[email protected]

Back