What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newby at HYI

junglejetter67

I'm New Here
Morning- Me and a friend are the proud new owners of an RV-8A, N616SB. We're based at San Marcos, HYI, between Austin and San Antonio. I just wanted to see how many other experimental and RV flyers are in the area, and maybe get together some time down the road--maybe start our own fly-ins. I've got around 6600hrs but am new to RV's, and would like to try some formation and mock dogfighting when my proficiency is up to standards. Please drop me a line and have a good one!

Thanks,
Byron Evans
[email protected]

Welcome to VAF!

Byron,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

Welcome Byron,

My sister-in-law lives in San Marcos. I'm occasionally down that way, and will give you a ring next time I'm down there.

Congrats on the RV purchase!!!

v/r,
dr

Morning- Me and a friend are the proud new owners of an RV-8A, N616SB. We're based at San Marcos, HYI, between Austin and San Antonio. I just wanted to see how many other experimental and RV flyers are in the area, and maybe get together some time down the road--maybe start our own fly-ins. I've got around 6600hrs but am new to RV's, and would like to try some formation and mock dogfighting when my proficiency is up to standards. Please drop me a line and have a good one!

Thanks,
Byron Evans
[email protected]

Thanks for the great welcome!

Morning everyone and thanks for the great welcome and howdy's. Our RV is conveniently hangared at Redbird in HYI, so the miss's and I will definitely try to make some of the meetings on the third Saturdays of the month (I didn't see it listed on the calender for November but I'll keep an eye out.).

FYI - If anyone is interested, astronaut Charlie Duke is giving a talk tonight at First Protestant in New Braunfels at 7pm. Family told me about it--I don't know the subject but assume its a Veterans Day event. Please remember out troops, today and always.

Many Happy Landings!
-B

if you are interested in...

possible trips to breakfast, lunch, etc., or day trips to the coast or locations elsewhere in Texas sometime, or coffee at Elm Creek Airpark, 0TX6, near Seguin, send me a note and we'll link up to arrange. wife and I have an RV9 and do a lot of trips in it to wherever strikes the fancy and time and weather permit. welcome to Texas! don olandese 405-488-5488

I am just down I-35 in Cotulla (COT). Always looking for somewhere to fly and eat. Let me know.
Frank eight one seven 366 four two five three

Back