What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ultimate Vans desk

Chopperbuzz

I'm New Here
9blsi9.jpg
[/IMG]

Port light - no entry do not disturb
Can change to green - ok to enter
If flashing rescue me from the person at other side of desk

I have been thinking about doing the same thing for a Long time. Is that an rv-3 wing?

Desk

Might look really cool without the top skin . Have you seen the Moto Art web site ?
Tom

I have ideas of a chair from ribs. tubes of sheet metal pass thru thru lightening holes forming the seat. now I need to make it happen. nice desk

Very nice - I always thought a bar would be cool . . .

Hmmm I was just going to go to a 'junkyard' and pick up a wing or horizontal stab . . . this is very nice, lots of work too . . . remember the 3 is not match drilled . . .

You know, I've been looking for a storage solution for the QB wings while I work on the fuselage?. It's either that or the Airplane Bed. :)

Desk & Motoart

I have wanted one for years, figured I'd use a 9 or 6?

Never got there.

I AM friends with Dave and Donovan that own Motoart for about the past ten years, even talked them into getting a booth at Sun N Fun and Osh a couple years but the costs weren't worth it.

I DID buy a 747 engine cowl Receptionist Desk, and a 14 ft long boardroom table made from a DC4, as seen on the site, for my business. They are gorgeous.

They make desks closed top like your RV3 but also open with custom powder coating and internal LED lighting to really make them look cool at night.

Awesome job dude! I want one someday!

Back