What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

James Clark gets elected to the EAA Board

Kahuna

Moderatoring
Our very own James Clark was elected to the Board of EAA today. James is an RV builder and pilot, an accomplished air show performer with Team AeroDynamix, retired executive fortune 100 company, president of his local EAA chapter, MIT graduate, and best of all, an all around great guy and member of this RV community. He will be an excellent representative and Im proud to be associated with just a great friend and mentor.
Congrats 'Chatterbox.' We look for many more exciting things from you helping to drive change at EAA. We are very proud of you.

Congrats

Congratulations Jim.
Well deserved, you will be a welcomed and much needed addition to the Board.

What a great choice!

I met James at SNF a few years ago and he was a class guy. A pure home builder at heart. He really helped me with some advice on building my landing lights. We need more like him.

improvement

James,

I know you are a very diplomatic soul with a very level head. I know you'll see what you can do to change the strained relationship between experimental builders and the EAA. We all hope to see some good things come from your new appointment. I am confident that you will represent us well. If I can ever help, let me know.

David Watson

Congratulations!

James, congratulations from the wife and myself. Thank you for your previous hospitality and your time! We wish you the best!!!! (If you all have not met Mr. Clark, he is a very very smart, kind and diplomatic man)
Best,
Brian Wallis and family

Board

May good things come from your time on the EAA board I vote for free beer and A/C in the Vans parking with a tent like the Airshow and War Bird guys have on the flight line.
Bob

We're all fans of James' here in South Carolina. Terrific choice, we were all delighted to hear he was up for the job and even moreso that he was elected.

Congratulations!

Lee and the rest of the Ridgeland (3J1) gang...

Congrats to my buddy James on his election, yee-HAW!!!! I did some digging but here's a picture from when I first met James, at Parkersburg (WV) in 2003 (on my way to OSH with Robert 'Subie' Paisley).

Here's me, Rick Gray, James and Paul (can't remember his last name).

PKB_group.jpg

James led our 4-ship (with Rick/Subie/me) into OSH 2003, and upon arrival to RIPON, we were instructed to HOLD. We continued to circle in a nice, 4-ship Diamond (so others would see us) around RIPON.

Then Controllers then asked the RV 4-ship to (finally) continue inbound to FISK and told everyone to follow the RV 4-ship, single, file, in trail, no side-by-sides ...except for the RV 4-ship. James led us to a 4-ship formation landing at OSH: A highlight in my flying career!

Thank you James, and again, CONGRATS!!!! :) Rosie

I was pleased to be able to congratulate our newest EAA Director in person today!! He will do everyone proud.

Note that not only is he a great voice on the board, he's also our own built-in filibuster (if needed).... :)

Last edited:
THANKS to everyone for the kind words and support.
Special thanks to Louise for jump starting the effort.

I am now and will continue to be listening ... for the good, the bad and the ugly.

This will not be the appropriate forum for most things so feel free to email me on any relevant matter.

jclarkmail (AT)
gmail.com

Please include "EAA" in the subject.

James

James, my friend. My warmest congratulations on your Board election. The EAA, and its members, and those that are not members but may become members, have another man of integrity, warmth, intelligence, and above all accessibility.
I am so very proud of you! All of the EAA is better today!
Tom

Congrats!

Congratulations James!:) The sport aviation/custom built community could not have a better representitive and advocate on the EAA Board.

congrats James

Briefly met James at SNF this year. Great to have a true RV guy involved at EAA. good luck to you!

Yes, it's true...

First, let me say that everything being said here is correct - James is a great guy. Very generous with his time and talents, we here at Owens Field (KCUB) are lucky to be able to have him around most days at the hangars! Drop by anytime as we have several RVs flying and several under construction and do a lot of hangar flying!

And in Rosie's picture:
Here's me, Rick Gray, James and Paul (can't remember his last name).
That would be Paul Carter who has flown over 1000 Young Eagles!

Anyway, congratulations to James!:)

Congratulations

Chatterbox. You made my first formation clinic in Anderson SC very enjoyable and you are partially responsible for the formation group we have in Kansas City...thank you very much. Remember your flat tire while landing at Anderson?

All the best,

BeeGee
KC Flight
Lee's Summit, MO

Congratulations!!!!

... A big congratulations, James. This is a good thing for us all. Best, Allan...:D

FINALLY, an RV'er on the board

James, I am proud to say I met you at the RV social this year and wish you the best of luck. I hope you can get the board to give the experimental/homebuilt community the respect we deserve. Deffinetly another positive step by EAA this year.

After being associated with EAA for 36 years I hope we can advance to the point were this community can be just as proud to be EAA members as they are to be RVators.

Congratulations James!
They made a great choice. You will represent us well.

Stop by KBKV hangar 24 when you're back in town again.

Congratulations James,
You are indeed a mentor with all you have accomplished. My wife,Anita and I are very proud to say we have had the pleasures of meeting and chatting with you at PDK and at Oshkosh in 2012, you have always had the time to be an encouragement to us even when struggling to tape up the seams on your RV6 in at OSHKOSH.. :)
Best Wishes on your new adventure with the EAA.
Jack and Anita

Back