What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need dual flight time RV-8

flydog

I'm New Here
Looking for somebody in the Washington State Area that will give me duel flight time in a RV-8. Will compensate.
Don, 360 239 7017

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Don, cant help with the 8 time, but I would like to welcome you to VAF:D

You might check with Vans, look into some time with the factory plane, they do demo flights, and also there is Mike Seager who does transition flights.

Good luck, and again, welcome aboard VAF.

Already tried VAN's. Seems their planes are dedicated to giving people who are going to buy a kit only a ride. Even offered pay!

This has been addressed before, Don, and the problem is that there's really no good way to get any dual (or duel, for that matter ;)) instruction in an -8. The controls in the back are really inadequate for an instructor, and learning to fly one from the back is ... well, really nothing like flying it from the front.

As someone else suggested, get some instruction in a side-by-side RV and maybe snag an inspirational ride or two in the back seat of an -8, then let your first front seat ride be in the RV-8 that you build!

Good luck.

I dont really need instruction. I have taildragger time and owned a c-180. Just wanted to spend a little time in the same make and model with somebody who has some time in it.

Back