What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot/Static connectors

kens_cockpit

Well Known Member
I've got the Dynon D10A, a Trutrak Digiflight IIVS A/P and a backup ASI and Altimeter. I've got the heated Dynon Pitot also with angle of attack.

I bought the static tube and fittings for the static kit from Vans. But the T fittings I need to put into the Dynon, A/P and ASI are pretty bulky and too close together to "screw" in.

Actually, looking at them I'm not entirely confident they screw in, it appears they might "push" in. Your advice on that would be appreciated for a start.

But another question is what the options are for nice compact fittings for these instruments and tubes. They need to be small enough to fit close next to each other on these instruments.

I was going to order some of the stuff from Safeair in the US but they don't ship internationally.

Also, I have already isntalled the aluminium tube for the static line through the wing. How do I connect the smaller Aluminium tube coming out of the pitot to the larger Al tube running through the wing? And then how do i connect the larger tube to the flexible tube I'll be running from the wing to the instrument?

Any other tips on this aspect of the project would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken Stanton
RV8QB
Wings and fuse
bits and pieces
but still not close to flying!

Back