What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Dynon question..

pierre smith

Well Known Member
Hi guys/gals,
Yesterday, while flying Brian's -4, I noticed the OAT was 84, and just below it 2380 Alt and below that, 170 MPH while the ribbon on the left showed 160 MPH, as did the backup airspeed indicator. Am I to assume that the 2380 feet higher than my actual altitude, as shown on the alt ribbon. is/was Density altitude and the 170 was TAS?

Thanks,

TAS and DALT... not difference... at least, that's what it was on Dynon(s) I flew behind..

Hi guys/gals,
Yesterday, while flying Brian's -4, I noticed the OAT was 84, and just below it 2380 Alt and below that, 170 MPH while the ribbon on the left showed 160 MPH, as did the backup airspeed indicator. Am I to assume that the 2380 feet higher than my actual altitude, as shown on the alt ribbon. is/was Density altitude and the 170 was TAS?

Thanks,

Yes and yes. :)

Last edited:
Yes and yes. :)

And if he had the magnetometer and latest software installed, you should have seen the wind arrow in the lower right corner indicating winds aloft.

I think you will only get the winds aloft if it is receiving course data from the GPS in addition to having the magnetometer and latest software.

Ken

I think you will only get the winds aloft if it is receiving course data from the GPS in addition to having the magnetometer and latest software.

Ken

You are indeed correct, thanks for the reply. My original post has been edited.

Pierre,

You are correct and here is a picture I took while testing my -9 w/o the fairings on to give you another look:

Back