What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Open" EFIS

BillyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob
Everyone else is asking questions; so I'll ask too. What brand/mfg of LCD displays are you using? Any interest in a joint "OpenEFIS" effort?bc

I'd consider it. What you code in? I'm partial to C/C# myself. I'm going to write my own for an XP Embedded machine. I figure XPe is plenty stable and since it's not for IFR use there's no need for more.

----------------------
Just testing the waters to see who might be interested in an "Open" EFIS approach where the open approach is used throughout the project to & including firmware updates & the FAA aviation updates.

To answer Mr. Redmond: Most SBC and embedded system have a compiler of some sort for development using C/C#. I guess I feel this would be used for the most part with only key critical parts coded at a lower level.

I'll try to define what feature set I would like to see and maybe we could trade notes. We could set up a shared site if the forum does not work for the effort.

Back