What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

400 hours on RV-12 - - -

JBPILOT

Well Known Member
Coming home from fly-in breakfast this morning, it turned over 400 hours. Hope this helps encourage those still building.

John Bender
400.4 hours

RV-12400hours7-4-2012.jpg

375 hours of taxi time does not count John. ;)

Just kidding John, congrats!

Last edited:
I've got 410 on New Blue. Only 350 of that is mine. You might very well be the highest time RV-12 pilot out there John.

Glad you're flyin' it so much!

I've got 410 on New Blue. Only 350 of that is mine. You might very well be the highest time RV-12 pilot out there John.

Glad you're flyin' it so much!

I think you might be right Mitch.

412RV has about 620 hrs but that is divide between multiple pilots.

400 is a good indicator of integral machine. With this rate John you will surpass other folks (read Turbo with 4,000+) very soon :D

I have 360 hours . I should be ahead of John but I still fly my Challenger as much as I do my RV12.

Brad Stiefvater
Salem SD

Thanks

You guys putting all this time on your 12's has been great inspiration and a source of instruction, advise, and data for all the builders!!

Up and Away!

How about this one for the books. A couple of saturdays back Rdog & I flew 8 hours covering 822nm between 635am & 830pm. Used 40 gals of 91 mogas. :eek:

John B.,

Glad to hear you're having so much fun! I don't fly the '12 as much as you do, but just passed 100 hours. I'm planning to bring her to OSH so she can get acquianted with all her sisters (airplane are always girls, like ships, you know). ;)

BTW, how do you get authorization to park in the Van's area?

See you at the various events.......

John P.

Hey BigJohn - -

If you get there early, you can likely get with other RV's in that area. Wife had hip replacement surgery, so I do not have plans settled yet, but hope to get up there for a while anyway.

John Bender
400.4 hours

If you get there early, you can likely get with other RV's in that area. Wife had hip replacement surgery, so I do not have plans settled yet, but hope to get up there for a while anyway.

John Bender
400.4 hours

How do you communicate to the ground volunteers that you want to got to the RV area within the homebuilt parking area? Or do they just assume if you have a HBP sign and you are an RV that that is where you want to go?

Or do they just assume if you have a HBP sign and you are an RV that that is where you want to go?

Yes, as long as there is still some room in the RV specific parking area, that is where Jeff or one of his team members will park you.

Back