What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cold Day, Low Light, Big Bridge

petehowell

Well Known Member
Snapped the nearly finished bridge over the St Croix at sunset tonight. The long shadows magnified the sweeping structure. Great day to skip out early and fly!

Q9q-g31LTf2BzvQM-_-yQc-e8cZecR9Q68Jol3uMaWHrEsmPJNMaY2u9JZsN_jUJ6yE3OuSy3Ykf9SrFg25L3cfC_LDMDU8GqHHLQMQL3ishEMvJkg12RWiMA-GKOY-b63zhcZbsRp1y_LMGs3_kKOYGuurHuhzeq54TV-4bFSn55b8GAAvnOujCboWEqq20gTBptox2WT6i92b6jmsIUc9v9onq2Bqu9VB7HzWptXo9EFJWhuyJk6bP1x7nlMY73Qimuqixkm9yQnjtXdn1rdXkgC4eJdQ90rv5G1TvrmkFxSnwPAw3tPT4z21yuGgGeXkr7pbZ-RW2eNO-kiMORSaQmu4Ul9l4kz2f0pjShPZUxh2g10r08pXoTIlEPMZZxTpjRVRHovrkuhhexx1RDy2Sm_NNBobrVl7P73a1Y9eCI7UFBFhYzTMiRo2O5x-ajvgbSFm8Z3zEdt_qo6KPidrWR8m0UKd1p9sCSRlr39jMJPV9xu33oXubOe2P-VVwIufpDtTWZ20db_K9B16xt9nPnPc2CueveEd-3EhxO-HEs9xj_MFoZFzRPMVUyt5K99DSOnZgGBPi-gP38qT5M6RJksNxD47VVW_aKxblB779Zf8LLg=w1645-h925-no

I know the date is wrong - I just reset it........

Last edited:
great pic!

Do you do anything special to eliminate reflection?

I always seem to get a faint reflection of the interior in my shots.

Reflections

You can go all out with black blanket in the cockpit, but I usually just take 10 pics and one comes out pretty good! It can be a challenge on a really sunny day. I delete way more pics than I keep.........

great pic!

Do you do anything special to eliminate reflection?

I always seem to get a faint reflection of the interior in my shots.

Snapped the nearly finished bridge over the St Croix at sunset tonight. The long shadows magnified the sweeping structure. Great day to skip out early and fly!

Where is this new bridge? I learned to fly at Lake Elmo and have lots of hours flying up and down the St Croix.

Boy, Minnesota kids have it so easy these days. They'll be able to drive straight into Wisconsin on 36, instead of how we used to do it - drive down the hill into downtown Stillwater and cross the bridge. If it was down. And we did it in the snow...uphill....both ways.....

:)

Looks familiarish.....Lots of good memories Thanks Pete!

-I did a round of school in Mn from April-Aug 03 luckily I had family in the area for housing and things to do
-I helped my cousin work on his 1800's house in Stillwater
-I've walked up the hill from "The Mad Capper" but not in the snow!
-CandyLand's amazing popcorn is well loved at my house

Boy, Minnesota kids have it so easy these days. They'll be able to drive straight into Wisconsin on 36, instead of how we used to do it - drive down the hill into downtown Stillwater and cross the bridge. If it was down. And we did it in the snow...uphill....both ways.....

:)

I think in the winters -- back when Minnesota had winters -- the people who came across from Wisconsin to work at the Anderson Windows plant just drove straight across the river on the ice.

Back