What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Uavionix Echo and Garmin 796

Robb

Well Known Member
Can the Echo broadcast ADSB to a Garmin 796? I am in the process of installing one with a Garmin 430 WAAS. I am receiving ADSB from the 430 to the Echo and will do a test flight tomorrow. Just wondering if there is a way to set it up or maybe wireless? Dues gladly paid !!

I don't think the Echo can share information to any Garmin any time anywhere. Just about any other brand of anything, yes. Just no Garmin stuff.

Multiple GPS Options
echoUAT can be purchased with the uAvionix skyFYX WAAS GPS available as an external mounted GPS and antenna or an internal GPS module with a remote mount antenna for more flexible installations. (options available at checkout)
echoUAT also works with many rule-compliant WAAS GPS receivers such as the GTN 400/500 WAAS series, GTX 600/700 series, Avidyne, and GRT 2020 Safe Fly.

From their website. I know of multiple installs with GTX327's

FYI :)

I use the EchoUAT + SkyFxx in my RV10. The Echo puts out its own wifi signal for monitoring and configuring settings. It'll be called "PING xxx". I connect my iPad to the wifi signal to get all the ADSB In stuff on my screen. If the Garmin doesn't have wifi, then it won't work.

I just put in a G3X Touch system but had to buy the GDL50 for my IN solution to see wx, traffic, etc on my G3X screen. No built-in wifi on the Garmin. Bluetooth, yes; wifi no. I think they do make a wifi module for a small extra fee (haha) but even with that, not sure the twain shall meet.

My flight today does not show pressure altitude. I believer the 327 is where it gets the info. I need to re check the configuration

Had the same issue. Talked to Uavionix about it. Here's what you have to do:
Assuming you've downloaded the Echo app and connect to your PING network, with your equipment powered up, go to Configuration mode on the app. Then...
Check all your config settings with data sheet from Uavionix based on your installed avionics.
Secret step: With TWO fingers touch the screen and hold for a few seconds. This opens up new advanced settings choices further down the screen. Look for Transponder Threshold setting.
You have to play around with this setting while flying until you can see consistent Press Alt readouts on the Monitor side of the app. Each time you put in a new threshold number, tap the Update Advanced button. Yes you have to go in and out of the two areas, giving your changes about 5 mins or so to see if they're working.
I had to lower my setting to 1100 before I got solid readings which was way below the number in Uavionix manuals for my equipment. It'll take some Avgas and some patience to get it working consistently!

Also, I took screen shots on my phone of every setting page, including the Advanced 'secret' page so I'd know how to restore if it went TU on me.

Back