What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF questions

ILikePike

Well Known Member
1. After installing the VA-128 restrictor fitting for the FP sender into the KB-090-T fuel pump fitting the passage is about half way blocked. Is this an issue?
image_zps3fef80cf.jpg

image_zpsf9cb91ca.jpg

2. Is the #2 battery cable too close to the exhaust? I have the battery cable and fuel hose secured to the intake tube with adel clamps.
image_zpsd8ec36d0.jpg

Last edited:
Jeff, that fuel fitting has plenty of potential to be a problem. Determining a real answer would require an actual flow check...pump on with the servo end of the fuel line stuck in a calibrated bottle. Why bother? It's a taper pipe thread, and that excess thread is doing nothing. I'd just unscrew it, hacksaw about three threads off the end, clean it up real pretty and reinstall.

The fuel line and battery cable proximity to the exhaust headers is another opinion item. In mine, they are certainly closer than they need to be.

I see you have a throttle cable running to a bellcrank, said throttle cable being above the wing of the oil sump. You could fixate the cable and hose just outboard of the throttle cable by fabricating a simple aluminum plate. Attach it to the sump bolts at the inboard edge. Width would extend outboard under the throttle cable far enough to mount a few adels for the cable and hose which would run parallel but separate. You can even add a radiant heat shield to the outboard edge of the plate if you wish.

BTW, you're doing great, because you are paying attention to details.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, I appreciate your advice.

I thought about grinding the fitting down but didn't want to loosen the restrictor insert. I have a flow check already on my checklist prior to completion.

I was thinking about just installing a section of fire sleeve on the battery cable for protection because is nicely clears the mixture cable hardware now.

Jeff,

Would you mind sharing the type of pass through fittings you are using? Your approach is appelaing to me.

Thanks,

What fittings are you talking about Tom? By the way, I have two vans stock oil lines headed your way for fire sleeve to be added.

My fire wall fittings are electrical fittings from Lowe's with short sections of fire sleeve.
image_zps8df439b8.jpg

Last edited:
Back