What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind 200RV Paint Job

Tumper

Well Known Member
Has anyone painted their 200RV propeller or did you have it custom painted at factory?

I painted my 200C. If I had to do it all over again, I would just pick out something standard or close to what you want. They will ship the blades to you and you paint them and send them back. You pay for the shipping and insurance both ways. They will also not warranty the paint job. If it comes off, it's on you. They didn't particularly like the thickness of my paint, but that's alright by me. I have extensive experience with painted helicopter tail rotor blades and know where most problems lie. Therefore, I'm comfortable with what I've done. My prop hasn't flown yet. Whirlwind was very accommodating for whatever you decide to do.

Factory painted, I sent them the paint codes. I think it was $200 add-on.

RV-7build307.jpg

The paint matched perfectly. 225hrs later still looks brand new
AuroraPropics021_zps3013ecd8.jpg

I painted my prop

Wanted to have fun with my entire paint job, starting with the prop.

Talked to Bob at American prop, who put me in contact with their painter who does the really custom jobs. I told him what I wanted to do and what type of paints I wanted to use and he approved of it all with some suggestions about keeping everything balanced etc.

IMG_8263.JPG

IMG_8265.JPG

IMG_8276.JPG

photo%25205.JPG

photo%25201.JPG

Back