What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OT: FINAL CT PASSED! I BEAT THE CANCER! 5 years out and it's official!

jimpappas

Well Known Member
To all of my VAF family, and various fellow flyers lurking here, who have been on this journey with me I just couldn't wait to post it here.

How do I thank folks like Doug and his family, the Avery's, Mike Lauritsen, Rosie and Tuppergal and JimmyB and his bride, and all my RV travel gang, and so so many more that I can't possibly list you all.

You kept me going in the dark times and the good, and I can never repay that in full.

I now have a new life, a fresh start with a wonderful lady, who literally is my life, and has given up so much to care for me, and to love me, and to follow me down here to Paradise here in Kiawah Island,SC area.

Thank you all so very much.

This is wonderful news indeed. We're just coming up on 4 years with clean results so far.

It seems like that shadow will always hang over us, but we choose to see it as a way for us to have learned the hard way that life is short and should be lived to the fullest!

Here's to many more positive stories like this!

Great to hear

With all the crappy news all the time, great to hear a nice positive one.

Blue skies fellow RV'r... Enjoy:)

Great to hear

With all the crappy news all the time, great to hear a nice positive one.

Blue skies fellow RV'r... Enjoy:)

Great News!!!

Thanks for the update Jim. So incredibly happy. Having two important people in my life right now dealing with cancer, your news is uplifting. Keep us posted!!

Great news!!!

Congratulations!!

Jim, huge major congrats :D:D

Now, about getting back into the pilot's seat......................

Congratulations Jim!! My son's friend, and friend of the family, was diagnosed with leukemia at age 24. He was immediately put into a coma for treatment, and given up for dead by Drs several times, but his new wife and parents kept faith. He just held his 5 year party a couple of months ago, it was uplifting.

His experience, like yours, affected the life perspective of everyone who was nearby in a positive way.

This is just fantastic - and thank very much for sharing your good news!

Congrats!

I know how you feel. I just got my 4-year release late last year. No more special issuances. :)

Vic

Congratulations!! I'm still just 2 years out but feeling great.

You know, no one wants to hear that they have cancer and the battle is certainly a hard one, but there is something to say about the feeling of having a second chance and an opportunity to change for the better. Nothing intensifies your focus like almost dying.

Four years out for me.

In a couple of weeks it will be four years in remission from Leukemia with a bone marrow transplant procedure for me. I am still working - SLOWLY - on my RV-9A. My health is fine, however, I don't contemplate jumping through hoops for a medical. By the time I finish the -9 MAYBE I will be able to fly it without a medical. In the meantime I have recently purchased and taken possession of a factory built S-LSA RV-12. What a sweet machine and a joy to fly. Feels so good to be "back in the saddle again". Posting with pictures soon.

Jim,

I'm so very, VERY happy to hear the good news! Now we can't wait to hear some flying reports!

Take good care of yourself. :)

Jim, I am glad to hear that and I can see how happy you are!

Perhaps this summer when I flysouth we can have a beer to celebrate!?!

:cool: CJ

Another Survivor

Great to hear of your wonderful outcome, miracles occur everyday but we have to listen for them. I was diagnosed with AML Leukemia with a 50/50 chance two years ago, round one chemo put me in remission, round two (a doozy) prepped for a stem cell transplant. 24 year old fellow in Germany gave literally of himself so an Old Geezer on the other side of a big ocean whom he never met could live. God and my family, and the best cancer Docs in the world at Mass Gen got me through. Docs say chance for recurrence is now very small. I feel great and have been flying with medical since last June. Bought an RV-8, life is good.

There are great things done today. I am more than happy to talk to anyone about the experience, or on the manner in which I got my medical back. (Don't ever pay any "service" to help you get it back, I think they're all rip offs.)

As Churchill said: "Never, never, never give up".

Bill McClure
508 274-1128

Congrats! Know the feeling well - two time survivor of lung cancer. 17 years cancer free now ...

So great to hear such wonderful news this monday morning! Congratulations and may EVERY moment be a blessing!

Great News Jim...

And thanks for sharing it with us. We all need encouragement and a reminder that life needs to be lived with appreciation and intensity:)
Enjoy every day!

Hi Jim,

Great to hear you're back on track!

Best wishes for continued success.

Laird

Back