What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cherry Rivets at Gear Leg Towers

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
With big hands and kids all grown up I'm wondering if anyone else has used Cherry rivets instead of solid rivets for the difficult area at the bottom of the gear leg tower. I suppose I could take the clecos off the top of the area and get my hand down there with a bar between the longhorn and the skin; but maybe pulling rivets would be a huge time saver.

Anyone done that?

Are you talking about the top or bottom of the gear leg towers? I used Cherry Max at the top of the gear leg towers, I think it was 6 or 8 on each side. I can't remember the part number, I'm sure somebody here has the number.

+1 for the top side

Like David, I used them on the top of the gear towers, not the bottom. After trying to buck rivets in the tight confines I went with the Cherrymax rivets part number CR3214-4-04. Maybe with the new smaller tungsten bucking bars it’s possible but I did not have one of those at the time. Genuine Aircraft Hardware Co. carries them.

Back