What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR200B imstall question

Rallylancer122

Well Known Member
Replaced my dead sl40 witha GTR200B. Wired as Com2 to a PMA4000 audio panel. Per the Garmin manual I used the "Reciever Audio Out" pins to feed audio to the PMA4000. However the only way to get the audio to come through was disable the intercom function in the config. This also apparently disables Bluetooth, which I paid an extra $150 to get and would really like to use.

Is there a workaround for this?

I'm thinking I can wire to the "Pilot Headset" pins instead and then enable the intercom, but wanted to see if there was another solution before I broke out the pin extractor and performed surgery.

You used the wrong outputs, the receiver output is for audio recording stuff.

You used the wrong outputs, the receiver output is for audio recording stuff.
Seems like he has it hooked up per the manual.
But, if using an audio panel, it seems like that is where you need to have Bluetooth

Attachments

• 2CEA372D-F5EB-4B9A-BBED-8437F3FFFC25.jpeg
    2CEA372D-F5EB-4B9A-BBED-8437F3FFFC25.jpeg
    605.3 KB · Views: 94
Answer

Since you are using an audio panel with the GTR200B, you have to disable the Intercom. When you disable the Intercom, you lose Bluetooth.

13F7AA6E-739E-4869-B171-03E50A01E570.png

D9F4DDE1-035B-470F-9EC8-A2B8D4A2CCC3.png

FWIW, I rewired the audio panel to the Pilot Headset pins, enabled the intercom....and it works! Well, mostly works. I tried calling my wife from the plane (on the ground) and I could hear her but she couldn't hear me. It could be a config setting that I'm missing.

Either way I can now listen to my podcasts on a cross country so I'll call this one a win.

That's because your mics are wired to your PM4000. You are only getting audio from the bluetooth connection in the radio.

GTR Intercom

Replaced my dead sl40 witha GTR200B. Wired as Com2 to a PMA4000 audio panel. Per the Garmin manual I used the "Reciever Audio Out" pins to feed audio to the PMA4000. However the only way to get the audio to come through was disable the intercom function in the config. This also apparently disables Bluetooth, which I paid an extra $150 to get and would really like to use.

Is there a workaround for this?

I'm thinking I can wire to the "Pilot Headset" pins instead and then enable the intercom, but wanted to see if there was another solution before I broke out the pin extractor and performed surgery.

The Bluetooth function of this radio is a function of the built in 2 place intercom. In your case, your audio panel is functioning as your intercom, so the intercom within the GTR should be set to Disabled.

Thanks,

Justin

Back