What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training in Midwest

N282S

Well Known Member
I am looking for someone who does RV tailwheel transition training in the Midwest.

Thanks,
Steve
Topeka, Ks.

Yes - Des Moines, IA

Steve,

I found your post and thought I would reply (You already know this by now).

Jim Delveau in Des Moines (Ankeny actually - IKV) offers transition training in his RV6 and also has access to a 7A for tri-gear training.

He can be reached at jdelveau at msn dot com.

Steve,
There is a guy Robert(Bob) E. Lynch in Jefferson City MO. and gave instruction in his RV6.
I heard he sold his RV and don't know if he is still instructing.I know he is involved with helping other builders.

Steve,
There is a guy Robert(Bob) E. Lynch in Jefferson City MO. and gave instruction in his RV6.
I heard he sold his RV and don't know if he is still instructing.I know he is involved with helping other builders.
Getting RV tailwheel hours, a requirement of AIG is next to impossible around the St. Louis, Mo. area. Jenny Estes of Nationair has not been able to locate anyone for me either.

Robert Lynch did sell his RV-6 and is out of the instructing business. Some months ago he asked if I would notify Doug via e-mail and have his name deleted from the VAF white pages.

Steve,

I highly recommend Jim Delveau (he posted above). He shuffled his schedule to fit me in on short notice and was extremely patient with me on a very gusty midwestern day. Not to mention his RV-6 is very nice. Well worth the trip from SoCal. Thanks Jim!

Chad
RV-4 purchase pending pre-buy!

Jim Delveau to the rescue

I did hook up with Jim D in Ankeny, Iowa. You're right. His 6 is SWEET. Eventhough he had his hands full with my total lack of tailwheel AND rudder experience, he turned me into a taildraggin type pilot. First flight in my -7 today, logged two sorties and five (count 'em five) landings, one a greaser. It's all good.

Thanks, Jim

Steve Stucky

Back