What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior light

gblwy

Well Known Member
Hello,

I'm rebuilding and updating my original RV-12 following accident damage. Amongst other things I'm installing the Dynon autopilot.

The autopilot disconnect switch has four wires, two of which appear to be connected the the interior light. I've studied the electrical diagram at length and cannot see what controls the light nor why these wires go via the autopilot switch.

Can I just disregard these two wires and wire the interior light directly to a switch on the panel (via a fuse)?

Cheers...Keith

I suspect those wire are to light up the switch, so the should be connected to the existing lights so the switch lights up when the interior lights are on.

Lightbulb moment!

Ah. So the nav/strobe switch switches on the interior light and illuminates the autopilot disengage button.

So you can push the autopilot disengage button whether it is illuminated or not. It doesn't then give any visual indication of whether the autopilot has disengaged or not. I guess you have to look elsewhere (or feel) whether it has worked.

It would be interesting to know for sure before first flight whether the autopilot is REALLY disengaged!

Cheers...Keith

The EFIS tells you the mode in which the AP is engaged or if it’s disengaged. It won’t take long to get used to it. And you can always open the AP screen on the PFD to see more detail. See sample screenshots attached.

Attachments

• 6E3689E7-F153-4D51-992E-7363C5B05743.jpeg
    6E3689E7-F153-4D51-992E-7363C5B05743.jpeg
    582.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 8225AC1A-7A88-49B6-A6E7-FB6C50F21E8C.jpeg
    8225AC1A-7A88-49B6-A6E7-FB6C50F21E8C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
Back