What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wire for Tail/Strobe light

Hi all, I bought a partially completed empenage kit in 2019 and am now getting to the part where I can start attaching the HS, VS and rudder. I know I saw this issue a while ago on here but looked back and am unable to find it, so I will address it again. When and where do I run the wire out of the tail cone, through the VS and into the rudder. I can't find anything about it in the plans.
Am I missing something? Mark

Hi all, I bought a partially completed empenage kit in 2019 and am now getting to the part where I can start attaching the HS, VS and rudder. I know I saw this issue a while ago on here but looked back and am unable to find it, so I will address it again. When and where do I run the wire out of the tail cone, through the VS and into the rudder. I can't find anything about it in the plans.

Look at the section entitled RV-10 Wiring, page OP37-16. On my USB plans stick, which I got late last year, it's not in the construction drawings folder but is a separate section on the main menu.

This is the drawing you need...

Attachments

• B4382A6D-7C6F-4BD3-87BD-B0D50146E32B.jpg
    B4382A6D-7C6F-4BD3-87BD-B0D50146E32B.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 388
If you have not yet chosen your lighting package, then you might consider using a wingtip lighting system that includes white position lights visible from the rear.

If you have not yet chosen your lighting package, then you might consider using a wingtip lighting system that includes white position lights visible from the rear.

Per this post - if you go with the Aveo premier wingtips, you do not need a rear light since the winglets have rear position and strobe lights already.

That being said, I'm installing BOTH the Aveo wingtips AND an Aveo rear pos/strobe, because it will look cool to have three synchronized blinking lights like a 787. So, just because you don't have to do it, doesn't mean you don't have a reason to do it.

Rv10 posi strobe

I was wondering what is the best type of wire to run my posi strobe to the panel…. I heard it’s not too big of deal and was going to run thermostat 4 conductor wire 18awg stranded?? Thoughts anyone

Back