What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Good News: The Runway Cafe at GMU will reopen tomorrow (5-11)

snopercod

Well Known Member
My long nightmare is over. My buddies and I used to fly down to Greenville SC every couple of weeks for a $100 hamburger. The Runway Cafe is right on the S ramp so we could just taxi up, park, and walk in. The food is great and they offer a discount for fly-in people. If you haven't been there in a while, they've cut down on their wait-staff. Now you order and pay at the counter, get your own drinks and silverware, and someone from the kitchen brings your food to your table. Darwin and I are going to try and make it on Wednesday.

I flew to GMU today and ate lunch at a genuine sit-down restaurant. The food was great and it looked like all the usual staff were there. The two RV guys and the C-140 guy all wimped out so it was just me and a a GlassStar pilot.

Correction: The C-140 guy didn't wimp out. One side of his cowling popped open just after takeoff and was banging around in front of his canopy. The video is scary, but I don't have permission to post the link. He slowed down and returned for a safe landing. So he has an excused absence. One RV guy had his cowling off after applying Van's fix for oil-canning on the RV-12 firewall. Van's fix didn't work so he's waiting to hear back from them. I haven't heard the story on the other RV guy. Something about a satellite receiver, whatever that means.

Last edited:
The RV-9 guy lost his GPS and didn't want to fly into a Class C without it. So I guess he's excused as well.

The RV-9 guy lost his GPS and didn't want to fly into a Class C without it. So I guess he's excused as well.

What, only 1 GPS? Blasphemy!
I should have popped over the hill and joined you. Haven't flown since bringing the plane home after getting laid off a couple months ago. But, wasn't available Friday either way as I was working on a cabin in Gatlinburg.

Back