What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Winter blues. Might as well start on the annual.

Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
We went to Stanley to start picking away at the annual and ran into this. I got stuck trying to get in the road and ended up hiking in. Another snow storm is forecast for mid week. By the looks of things we won't be flying from here any time soon. Kinda envy you folks down south.

61bb0e7cf77447aa87b7e2c9490dd793_zps21664cdc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1418a865874da87ecf8a53a2c2f801ae_zps7eebab3f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I feel for you, Paul. We're not getting the snow that you are but rather are being subjected to lots of consecutive days of temps not rising above -15C. In fact, the only time it warms up is when it snows some more! LoL

Looks like you need to hook up with Patrick Gilligan of COPA fame to get a set of skis for your -8!

Paullie,

Put some skis underneath that bad Larry!

Lol

I am AOG right now too, going through everything and seeing how it holding up. I am sure everything will be fine.

Hang in there for the spring thaw! We will come back up there and see you after the ground firms back up!

See you soon!

;) CJ

Wow, those are some winter blues. At least I was able to chip the ice out from under '84L this morning and go.

wpid-20150207_081551-e1423349916974.jpg

Wow, & we whine when it's 48 degrees at night here in St Petersburg.
Sun n Fun is only 2 1/2 months away.

same feeling in moncton NB canada

Hi.
Same thing here.
I decided to have my eye laser lasik surgery in january and i am glad. Lost my medical for 30 days and i will do my annual during this period. I will be ready when the weather will be better!.

-13F again this morning!

IMG_6444_zps2w6fptdi.jpg

And I was just complaining that it will be 80 degrees today, and I will have to turn on the shop AC to keep comfortable. Oh well, beats shoveling snow I guess:)

And I was just complaining that it will be 80 degrees today, and I will have to turn on the shop AC to keep comfortable. Oh well, beats shoveling snow I guess:)

Ok, that was just plain mean :( -6F this morning here with the wind....

I started my conditional this past week as well. I was/am complaining about temps in the teens, which my kerosene heater can't keep up with. But in retrospect, I don't have to deal with all that snow.

I've got a four feet of it beside the hangar, but the ramp in front is clear. :D

bob

For two years in a row I've been doing heavy maintenance on a friend's certificated aircraft in November and through December. In 2013 it was an engine replacement. In 2014 it was replacing two cylinders on that newer engine. All of this done while also completing the annual inspection. I'm tired of this routine so will be convincing the aircraft owner that annual inspection will happen in the summer. Getting tired of freezing my buns off in a hangar that's more like a shed where the snow blows in under the doors and sifts into your toolbox...

Looks like you guys live at the North Pole ! How do you do it ?
Why ???????☀️⛅

Come on Tom! Our airplanes are well preserved in the nature freezer. Today I stopped at the airport, preheated, run the engine and went home. Mission accomplished. Sig600 promised to deice me tomorrow :D

Back