What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT Electric CS Propeller Brush Block Bracket help needed

I have a MT prop (MTV-17C/LD164-24) mounted to my O-320 engine. Currently the brush block is mounted to my engine with what appears to be a home brew bracket. I?m not the original builder/installer. I?m curious where and how the brush block is normally installed (by using MT provided brush block bracket). Im trying to clean up the whole engine area.
Does anyone have closeup pictures or better yet a drawing of the MT bracket? Currently my brush block is mounted at 9oclock position (pilot side) of engine, holding brush block just aft of slip ring bolted to aft side of starter ring.

Thanks,
Henry
N85TT

I looked but couldn't find any pics of mine. The bracket is likely available through MT. My bracket appeared to be a MT factory produced / supplied part but we found it to be somewhat malleable. I was concerned that would lead to malposition of the brushes on the slip-rings. So, we welded a backing plate on mine to stiffen it. My bracket is on pilots side attached by to 2 case bolts on top of motor. It is visible by removal of top cowl, at the 12:30 position of the flywheel as looking from the front of the plane.

I would contact Paul Flavell at Tiffin Aire:
Paul Flavell
[email protected]
Tiffin Aire Inc.
1778 West US. 224
Tiffin, OH 44883
(800)458-2487
(F)419-447-4042

www.tiffinaire.com

Paul has provided good service for me in the past; much better than the experiences I had in Deland.

Back