What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuse page 26-11, AN426AD4-4.5 missing?

Anders

I'm New Here
Hello,

I am on page 26-11 and are going to rivet the F-01443-R and L Center Section Lower Doublers. The plans call for AN426AD4-4.5 rivets. I cannot find that rivet in the inventory list supplied and not in the Excel file posted here.

Anyone else had the same problem? What did you do? Order the rivets, use 4-5's or what. If you used 4-5's, did you get to few later?

I recall having that same question and called Van's to ask about it. I think they said that either they don't have those available to order, or that that they aren't made and that you are expected to cut down a 4-5 rivet instead.
There are several issues like this in the fuselage plans. We get used to the plans being very good, and then when something like this comes up it is hard to tell whether it is an error/omission or whether it is intentional. And no, I haven't run out of 4-5 rivets yet.

Thanks. Gottchas updated

Thanks for the prompt replies. I will be cutting down some 4-5. Ordering takes too long these days.

I updated the "gottchas" list.

I appreciate everyone who posts here... Like a fool I spent 30 minutes going through all of my inventories hoping that just maybe I missed something. Nope, the flush 4-4.5 is not a thing. That said I tried 4-5 and that sucked. I then tried 4-4 and the rivet gauge was almost perfect. I then squeezed the 4-4 and they are fine... Build on! It's the little things that are madding for some builders like me but I'm fighting it.

Back