What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Finish Kit Order Time

EJWash

Just a head's-up. I ordered a Finish Kit for my RV-14 project today (24Jan23). Called Van's first to get an idea of order delivery time. Was told 18-months.

While on the phone, I asked about fuselage kits. If ordered this week - delivery by August THIS year.

I have a 7 finish kit that’s been on order for 11.5 months. I emailed to ask if they had any idea when it might turn up, and apparently I’m number 19 in the queue for non-EEM finish kits with no idea when they might ship. Any ideas what non-EEM means?!

I have a 7 finish kit that’s been on order for 11.5 months. I emailed to ask if they had any idea when it might turn up, and apparently I’m number 19 in the queue for non-EEM finish kits with no idea when they might ship. Any ideas what non-EEM means?!

EEM is the acronym we use for elastomer engine mount, meaning for the A model weather or not the nose gear is the newer design with the elastomer shock absorbing pucks, or the original style spring rod gear leg. Tail dragger an are obviously non-eem (and non-a model) mounts.

Kit status

I ordered all 4 kits about 9 months ago and received the emp kit 12/22. Just received notice that my finish kit is crating and arriving next month. Slow build wings due 4/23 and quick build fuse due 1/24. So if theres any way for Vans to send my finish kit to someone who’s ready now and defer me for a year I would be agreeable. Otherwise that huge box will just be taking up space in my shop.
Not to hijack the thread but could someone explain about the firewall forward kit which is not available to order on the website but certainly needed at some point.
Thanks
Greg Beckner 141283
Dues paid 2023

Last edited:
PM sent. The FFW kit is ordered through the parts department. Guess it's easier to delete items (like the alternator).

I ordered all 4 kits about 9 months ago and received the emp kit 12/22. Just received notice that my finish kit is crating and arriving next month. Slow build wings due 4/23 and quick build fuse due 1/24. So if theres any way for Vans to send my finish kit to someone who’s ready now and defer me for a year I would be agreeable. Otherwise that huge box will just be taking up space in my shop.
Not to hijack the thread but could someone explain about the firewall forward kit which is not available to order on the website but certainly needed at some point.
Thanks
Greg Beckner 141283
Dues paid 2023

Is this for the -14A? If so, I might be interested. I placed my order 12 months ago and haven't heard anything.

Back