Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 07-02-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyyak View Post
I am not sure I have ever seen the simulator function and if you could tell me how to use that function it will probably be valuable to try to correct and to properly configure the alert functions. Thanks very much.
Neil,

Here is a link to a previous posting explaining how to activate and use the G3X Touch simulator on power-up.

Steve
Old 07-02-2022, 08:34 PM

Steve's suggestions are all right on. You ought to be able to get this worked out on the ground without burning avgas. The only other thing I'd add, since this is a new GDU 4xx installation, is to verify you have updated your display software to the latest version, which will include the correct audio database.

Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and not those of my employer.

Last edited by mburch : 07-02-2022 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:11 AM

Thanks guys. I plan to sit in front of my hangar in simulator mode to try to resolve this issue and learn the Touch system. I am sure that I was looking in the wrong place but I could not find “simulator mode” in the G3X install manual or pilots guide or this forum.

The post that Steve showed will probably be very helpful for others as they complete their installations of the G3X systems. I am so thankful for this forum and the spirit of this vansairforce community.

I am pretty sure that there are many of us that would not have completed our projects without the help of this forum.
G3X touch & G5