- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:10 PM

Default Garmin Pilot Set up Problems

I'm sure I'm the only one struggling with this but I can't get past the pilot and aircraft set up in Garmin Pilot.

I'm sure the aircraft profile is something I'm doing wrong but there is no RV-14 to pre-load so I've hand built it several times with the same red circle with a dash every time.

The pilot profile matched the fly garmin account. Honestly there's only three lines on the pilot profile but its red despite how many variations I have tried. Is there a tutorial or a cheat sheet anyone has developed to get past this point. Without these two set up points GP is nearly worthless for filing.

Garmin doesn't seem to have great competence on the phones at the moment. The last 3 phone calls didn't even have a pilot on the line. The manual has nothing. The plethora of videos start well after set up.

Any insights would be appreciated. If someone wouldn't mind sharing their RV-14A profile for me to attempt to load that'd be appreciated.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:52 PM

Bart:

Iíve been using Pilot for over 3 years - you are welcome to check out my settings on the iPad in person - across the runway. PM me if you donít have my phone or email (or itís in the Pecan directory).

RV-14A Builder - kit #136
N314KC - First flight Mar 8, 2017, 24th in the air, >700 hrs
XP-400 Aero Sport Power, replaced with Lyc Thunderbolt 390
RV-6A sold
Sport Pilot (weight-shift control) - Airborne XT912
Dues paid 9/2020
Old 02-04-2021, 08:49 PM

Thanks Keith I’ll wander over there this weekend.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:18 AM

I cannot update the performance data on an android device, it tells me to go to the website then the website tells me to go to garmin pilot, lufbery. Anyways, I was told an ipad will allow the update, I haven't tried yet as I wanted to gather some more data before trying to change it.

RV8 N189DK
RV10 in progress