What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A TruTrak autopilot problem.

vladk

I'm New Here
Hello all,

Please answer if anyone has experienced a similar problem: some hesitation began when the autopilot was turned on.

https://youtu.be/DBf_KoawYbM

Aircraft RV-9A. Autopilot "Digitrak AP". I don't know who built the plane and installed the autopilot. The club bought a ready-made aircraft.

Thank you.

The problem could be bad configuration settings. Start with getting the manual out. There are configuration settings for sensitivity of the a/p input to the servos. How to address them is spelled out in the manual.

Thanks a lot! Andrew Barker also pointed out configuration issues. I reduced the "activity" and the fluctuations disappeared. Now the value is "12". With "13" I begin to feel small fluctuations. But it turns at about half of the standard turn rate. Is this normal?

Off

Maybe that's what is wrong with my TruTrak? except when it works it works great but its not too often it works. seems like it loose the signal from the Garmin GPS 175 and just blinks OFF-OFF-OFF

Digitrak install/user guide

Just in case anyone needs the Digitrak install/user guide, here it is. Also, the Quick Reference guide.

Attachments

• Digitrak Install & User Guide - Oct02.pdf
    221 KB · Views: 83
  • Digitrak Quick Reference.pdf
    30.7 KB · Views: 51
Back