What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VA-980 ATS Osh deal

AV8ER

Well Known Member
Wondering if anyone has used the VA-980? I have used a borrowed, older version VA-400 which is rigid with an articulating tip.

The updated version of the VA-980 has better resolution (1280x720) than the older VA-980 or VA-400 but it comes with a flexible arm. The worry is that it will be too flexible and lose its shape while it is being manipulated around looking at cylinders?

With the coupon code "OSHDEAL" the new version of the VA-980 is $200 from ATS or $260 with the BT adapter which seems like a good deal.

Anyone with experience with the newer version of the VA-980?

I bought the VA400 last year, and it works ok.. if you are only doing cylinders, I would have gone with the rigid VA200. Do they have a newer rigid one that has the better resolution?

I bought the VA400 last year, and it works ok.. if you are only doing cylinders, I would have gone with the rigid VA200. Do they have a newer rigid one that has the better resolution?

Not sure what resolution your unit has but yes the newer version VA-400 has better resolution than the older units. Not sure when it got upgraded.

Back