What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Concrete, the Video

ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
This weekend was the "Old Fashioned Fly-In" at Concrete, WA. It is one of the more fun (more low key) events in the area. The turn out this year was very good. Lots of airplanes overall and lots of antiques. The video is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bECI04VQRHE

This was the first video I shot with a new mount from Flight Flix, they call it the Vibe X. It uses a cushion to isolate the camera from vibration so you don't get the "jelly-roll" effect from the rolling shutter. They are here:

http://www.flightflixcameras.com/#!about-vibex-mounts/coo3

It works well, but is large and bulky. There were no changes to the flying qualities of the airplane, but it does take away about 3-4 MPH.

Thanks Steve,

It was nice to see some of the terrain that I used to fly so often and the fly in that helped inspire me to start building. I got to sit and talk to an RV6 builder at the Concrete Flyin years ago and see his airplane and the satisfaction that he was enjoying from completing it helped me take the plunge. Looks like you had some very fine weather for the fly in.

Randall
Now in Carlsbad NM, Home is Sedona AZ.
Home used to be S36 in Kent WA

In my opinion, this year's event was the best in a number of years. The hardware collection is always awesome; and this year it felt more social. The weather was definitely better than the past several years!

Nice video, amazing planes!

Steve, thanks for that....I'm sorry I didn't go!
What an amazing line-up of aircraft...looks like you were about the only RV there!, now THAT'S not something that happens very often anymore...you can be a celebrity in a field of classics and antiques!

There weren't many, but how's this for irony? The RV-4 that I parked next to is owned by the guy I bought my airplane from. There were 2 other yellow RV's, a 4 slider and a 6, both Canadian.

Back