What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon skyview 10, What did U use?

ron sterba

Well Known Member
Starting the Hook up process of the wiring harness for both skyviews. How did you make the two 1 amp fuse links off the shunt? Did you follow Dynon book on the 26 awg wire or is there a fuse holder, in-line,ATC type. Did you put your fuses leaving the stunt or near your Skyview unit? I have two in-line ATC type fuses holders (rated 1 amp to max 30amps) or a in-line glass tube/metal ends fuses with twist cap-off type holder. Whats your take on it. Always appreciate you help!

Got a question, is there a chart that shows the thickness in thousands of a inch for gauges of wire?

Thanks
Ron in Oregon.RV9A N421HJ

I used small 1A fuses that look like resistors, basically, soldered in-line and covered in heat shrink (see the EAA video on soldering small components in-line in a wire for details on how to do this), placed near the shunt itself (thus, protecting the wires).

Forget where I got them, one of the usual places, just ordered a half-dozen for a few bucks.

Something like this:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMsNIlwy3aAdUVxIQvxhy%2bigGKpfALL6MZA=

472pico.jpg

Last edited:
Joe and Bob Thanks, exactly what I needed. I'll order some tomorrow but also make a couple up. I'll check out the video too!

Thanks so much guys!
Ron in Oregon RV9A

Fuse holders

Ron,

Went to Radio Shack and bought this,

Chassis-Type 4-Position Fuse Block
Model: 270-742 | Catalog #: 270-742

For $3.99

Broke in half where you have 2, 2 fuse holders, I mounted 1 pair, and installed 1, 1 amp fuse in each, and you are ready to go. Just an idea if interested.

Easier to replace fuse if one blows, but the other idea will work also.

Can send photo on install if also interested.

Brian

Back