What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Calling all Kiwis

drill_and_buck

Well Known Member
Patron
Last year I moved to Auckland and will be here for the better part of 2020.

I have had the good fortune of finishing my RV-8 in 2011 and flying it for ~ 1,000 hours. Here is a link to my 5 year pirep.

I would welcome the opportunity to connect with other NZ RV builders to share RV building, flying and maintenance experiences.

Drop me note if you are building, thinking about building or flying an RV. Always happy to chat about RVs.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike!

Welcome to NZ. I?m building an RV-8 in Nelson, if you?re ever down south please look me up. I?m often in Auckland for work also.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Mike, I?m building a 7 in Wellington, and like Hugh am frequently in Auckland. Please call if in this area.

Regards

Tony

Hugh, Terry, much thanks for the contact info. I'm currently in AU and will give you a call when I return. Feel free to pass along this thread to any Auckland area builders.
Cheers,
Mike

Hey, Mike — Which Part of AU?

There are a hep if RV people in Sydney. DM if you’re here for a while or here often, we’ll roll out the red carpet.

- mark

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. I usually get to Sydney about every 2-3 months. I?ll let you know next time I?m in town. When I was building I was in contact with an RV-8 builder in Bankstown. However I ended up loosing his contact information.
Cheers,
Mike

Gidday Mike, welcome to GodZone :)

There's a few of us at North Shore Airport, just north of Auckland, with a mix of RV7's, 8s and 9's and we're always keen to share stories.

Back