What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Red cube K factor

ltn6a

Hi
Trying to sort out my fuel flow on my Dynon with the FT 60

K factor is still set to 68000 .Dynon start up gives the following message

Current Fuel Computer Quantity -23.8
MeasuredFuel ( in- Tank Sensors) 23.1

Having read some of the previous posts when doing a calculation do I take this as a negative discrepancy ?

I don’t think the K factor has anything to do with the measured value. The measured value is what the fuel gages senses. Might be accurate, probably not. For the K factor, you fill the tanks, go fly, then refill the tanks. Now you compare what the computer said you used, vs what you were able to refill your tanks with. You can get more actuate by keeping fuel totals over several tankfulls. I have my plane within 0.2 gallons.. and I always have more in my tanks than the computer says (intentionally)

The formula for adjusting the K factor is Computed Fuel divided by Actual used fuel, then multiply that by your current K factor.

If your “measured” fuel on board is accurate, then when you refuel it, you’ll be able to compare it. Same with your computed “fuel used” value. Fill the tanks and determine which is more accurate.

Last edited:
Back