What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ELT RJ11 connector wire now in harness?

Before I ask Vans support thought I’d see if anyone else has noticed the ELT RJ11 wire that goes from the ELT control on the dash to the ELT audio alert in the back appears to be included in the wiring harness (white) now vs the instructions that ask us to route the black stand alone wire that comes with it?

Was assuming just using the wiring harness would be good and they just hadn’t updated the instructions yet - that correct for those of you that noticed the same thing?

Thanks!
Scott

I received my avionics kit August of 2019 and the cable was bundled with the harness. It’s got a male RJ11 at the ELT end and a female connector at the panel end. You will be installing a short male-to-male RJ11 cable between the female end of the harness cable and the remote panel.

Before I ask Vans support thought I’d see if anyone else has noticed the ELT RJ11 wire that goes from the ELT control on the dash to the ELT audio alert in the back appears to be included in the wiring harness (white) now vs the instructions that ask us to route the black stand alone wire that comes with it?

Was assuming just using the wiring harness would be good and they just hadn’t updated the instructions yet - that correct for those of you that noticed the same thing?

Thanks!
Scott

Yes, everything is in the bundle so there's no routing for you to do. You still have to make a connection at the ELT and you plug in a way-too-long cable behind the panel but that's it.

Back