What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Non Polarized Xtractive Drivewear Too Dark in RV 4

riobison

Well Known Member
I picked up my new Prescription Transition Non Polarized Xtractive Drivewear. In my RV 4 they seem to work too well. On a cloudless day the glasses darken so much that some of my lower instruments are difficult to read to where I need to lift up the glasses to view them.

They don’t get this dark in my truck so it appears that there is not much UV filtering in my 4.

I’m wondering if there are any other options where they don’t darken as much?

Thanks

Tim

I'm using Transition, but I don't have a problem with too much darkening. I do know that they are available in different strengths of reactivity to UV, I would suggest a quick discussion with your glasses provider.

What model of Transitions do you have? Gen 8, Xtractive, Vantage, Driveware etc? There are several different models that react differently.

The Xtractive that I have do tint some what in my vehicles. But when I'm out side or in the RV 4 they go full tint and the gauges on the bottom of my panel I can't read and need to lift my glasses up to see what my tach says for example. The rest of the gauges I can read ok.

Tim

Couldn't tell you, don't have a clue. The doc said "try this one, let me know if you need something different."

They work great, didn't go back.

Back