What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great RVs/RVers Fabulous Food L70 - Agua Dulce Airport

PerfTech

Well Known Member
......L70 - Agua Dulce Airport The last Sunday of every month has a absolutely great cook out, pick-nick and get together. You get an all inclusive meal (worth $25) for only $5. There is usually about 40 airplanes with 10 or 15 RVs and lots of food, fun, talk and just all around fun with great people in a nice outdoor setting. We try to go to them all, so hope to see you there. Allan...:D

This thread is worthless without PICTURES!!! And VIDEOS!!! Anybody there got an iPhone at least? :D

Last edited:
I didn't think to bring a camera myself but I can help fill in some of the holes to help the imagination :)

I arrived a 2-ship with Nick "Splinter" Ervin (RV-8A) who brought his friend Mark (I was solo). On the ramp, we saw several RVs including Allan, John Kalisz in his RV-6, Ken Holcomb's RV-7, Pete's RV-6, Erich Weaver's RV-7A (or 9A...didn't walk over there) and a couple other RVs I didn't recognize. I finally got to see a Legend Cub and Carbon Cub up close for the first time (very nice...I could see myself building one of those LSAs later in life...)

RV builder 'extraordinaire' Jerry Scott arrived a short time later; a 2-ship with his friend Mike. RVs definitely out-numbered all other makes and models! Lots of good food and hangar flying going on for a nice, no-wind day with temps in the 70s, T-shirt weather still. It's a good event to attend when in the SoCAL area the last Sunday of every month :D Rosie

Last edited:
It was great to meet Allan and Paul and enjoy the sunshine and various RVs. Cant beat the $5 lunch.

erich
RV-7A

Approach

Allan,

What's a good way up there?

From REI do you go through the cajon pass up around the North of the mountains and come in from the East, transverse the Basin and come in from the South, Or just point that 9 upward to 12.5 and go direct?:D

Allan,

What's a good way up there?

From REI do you go through the cajon pass up around the North of the mountains and come in from the East, transverse the Basin and come in from the South, Or just point that 9 upward to 12.5 and go direct?:D

I usually just go direct just south of Mt Baldy summit and return over the desert if the wind kicks up and it gets bumpy. Allan...:D

Agua Dulce Fly_in BBQ PICTURES

Good flying weather in SoCal and good BBQ brought out just about every model of RV to the last Sunday of the month Fly-In and BBQ at L70. RV's came from Ramona down near San Diego, Chino, Rosamond and various places in between.

Here are a couple pics of the planes and the airport situated in the foothills at 2660 ft about 25 miles north of Burbank airport.

rvflyin3.jpg

rvflyin1.jpg

rvflyin2.jpg

Back