What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wooden Propeller Inspection

devitotl

I'm New Here
My RV4 has been flying behind a wooden fixed pitch Felix propeller since before I bought it in 2016 and is now showing signs of wear.

The paint is starting to chip away in the back, the varnish is starting to peel off on the front, and my A&P is concerned that delamination may be starting.

I have contacted three prop shops and none of them are willing to look at it. Felix is out of business, so I can't go back to them for support.

Does anyone know of a prop shop that will inspect and possibly refurbish an older, wooden, fixed pitch prop?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Could it be time to upgrade to a Catto? The Catto two blade on my RV-9A is now ten years old and has 1000 hours and still looks new on the front side. The rear has some pitting, nothing more.

My RV4 has been flying behind a wooden fixed pitch Felix propeller since before I bought it in 2016 and is now showing signs of wear.

The paint is starting to chip away in the back, the varnish is starting to peel off on the front, and my A&P is concerned that delamination may be starting.

I have contacted three prop shops and none of them are willing to look at it. Felix is out of business, so I can't go back to them for support.

Does anyone know of a prop shop that will inspect and possibly refurbish an older, wooden, fixed pitch prop?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Give me a call, I refinish all makes of wood props.
Frank
713-417-2519

Back