What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Forward baggage floor.

RidiculousM

Well Known Member
Is it structural? If not I'd like to remove it. I did ask one of the Van's tech support engineers as a side note to another question and he wasn't sure. Also if I do remove it can it be put back in later when completed?

Thanks
Mike

I fly without mine. There was some work I was doing on rudder pedals, springs, etc, and I wanted to install, try it out, and make adjustments without having to install and remove the floor. Seemed to work fine.

I know that isn't very scientific, but it worked for me.

I was told by Vans that it isn't structural. I ended up putting a removable panel in the floor to get at the rudder pedals. Putting the complete floor in after your finished is a real bear because of the screws on the left side. Hard to get a screwdriver in there.

Use hex-head screws

Some of The machine screws that hold the fwd baggage compartment floor in are difficult to access. I use hex-head screws and a small socket with a flexible drive and an electric screwdriver. Even the screws on the left side are easy to remove and install. Removal of the baggage compartment floor is an easy 5 minute job!

Dan Miller
RV-8 1100 hours of fun

Back