What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SNF 2021

You might want to check radar. This image from ForeFlight 8:45 AM today...
-

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 9.05.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 9.05.23 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 181
Yep. I’m hanging out at home in Cincinnati, waiting for the weather to improve (VFR equipped). Today I can’t get past Atlanta. I’ll leave tomorrow morning if I have ceiling and vis - lingering rain from this afternoon - but when I get to Florida, I’ll have another challenge (Sunday). Normal ops for this time of year. Can’t wait to get there.

Came a blow late yesterday, roughed up some tents but I don’t see any injured planes. Another round of storms today but by Monday/Tuesday should be great wx. Vendors working hard to fill their pavilions.
EAA shack opening, Van’s still unoccupied.
RV (motor homes, trailers) campers pouring in

I'm curious about the state of Homebuilt Camping.

Does anyone have a PIREP? In particular, how close are amenities like porta potties and showers?

The weather was sporty yesterday. When we drove through the field this morning on our way to the volunteer kitchen a number of porta potties (empty) and a guard shack were blown over. When we were done with today’s shift another line of t-storms was just starting to kick off. The next few days look pretty good but then becomes more unsettled as the week progresses into the weekend. My advice is make sure you have good tie downs and control locks, at least one extra pair of footwear, and sunscreen.

Attachments

• D09BA486-87C3-43C3-8541-6B6845834EC3.jpeg
    D09BA486-87C3-43C3-8541-6B6845834EC3.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 150
Wish you were here

We drove down from Atlanta yesterday in fairly rough weather. Lots of crashes on I-75.

Once at the show, things were looking up. We snagged some wonderful tent camping sites. It was about 1/3 less crowded than this time in 2019.

Last night was dry and pleasantly moderate. It is supposed to be rain free for the rest of the week.

It is sooo good to be back!

Homebuilt Camping is south of taxiway Echo & about as far east on the grounds as you can go. The hospitality tent is there but not much else.
The shuttle can get you to anywhere.

Day tripper

I see that tie downs are encouraged, but is that a requirement of you’re only going for the day? Weather is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, and I don’t have tie downs, only chocks.

I’m bringing my son for both of our first times. We’re arriving Friday around 12:30 and will also have all day Saturday. Should we come both days or just save the money and skip Friday?

I’m bringing my son for both of our first times. We’re arriving Friday around 12:30 and will also have all day Saturday. Should we come both days or just save the money and skip Friday?

Do you wanna walk the grounds, see the airshow, talk with all of the relevant vendors? I'd recommend two days for that.

Back