What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Savannah, GA recommendations

ALagonia

Well Known Member
Thinking of flying to Savannah next weekend. Looking for local recommendations for:

FBO
Hangar space for one or two nights
Local eateries, not the touristy type. Looking for good local Savannah fare.
Thanks

I'm of no flying help. But, a dinner must is The Olde Pink House with a pre-dinner drink stop at Planter's Tavern. Be sure to wander to the basement bar of The Olde Pink House for a post-dinner beverage as well.

You could spend days.... Savannah's a great place for a drinkie/foodie person. My wife and I love visiting there!

Last edited:
Can’t help with hangar/FBO, but there is a really nice small restaurant there called Noble Fare that is great food. More casual food, Sweet Potatoes.

Thinking of flying to Savannah next weekend. Looking for local recommendations for:

FBO
Hangar space for one or two nights
Local eateries, not the touristy type. Looking for good local Savannah fare.
Thanks

The best place to eat is Mrs Wilkes Boarding house! Only open Monday thru Friday. 1100 to 2:00. Family style and you can count 23 different dishes of food on the table.

For nice evening make those reservations Attlee Pink House.

I've had good service from Sheltair in the past. Not cheap but that's what you get at a big airport.

Angelo, there's a 1GA0 airpark 3700 paved strip between SAV and St Simons. He has contact info on the RV Hotel site. Have looked at that as a SAV overnight possibility but never used it . I would be interested in PILOT report.

Last edited:
Angelo, there's a 1GA0 airpark 3700 paved strip between SAV and St Simons. He has contact info on the RV Hotel site. Have looked at that as a SAV overnight possibility but never used it . I would be interested in PILOT report.
Hello Dennis,
How do I find the RV Hotel site?

My wife and I are thinking about going also - leaving from New Jersey. Where are you flying from?
We have been once before. We loved the waterfron bard and shops. We also loved seeing each of the squares and reading about what each one was for.

My wife and I are thinking about going also - leaving from New Jersey. Where are you flying from?
We have been once before. We loved the waterfron bard and shops. We also loved seeing each of the squares and reading about what each one was for.
We base in SE TN. So just a short 1:30 flight. Been before and enjoy the good food.

Back