What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wingtip lighting connectors

iamtheari

Well Known Member
It seems that the end of the build is full of frustrations to get through. One that came up today is the wiring connectors for the wingtip lights. I ordered the LN wing tip LED kit with my wing kit. It mysteriously included bag 3025, which has ONE molex socket and ZERO molex connector housings. The wingtip lights need EIGHT sockets (or pins, I can't remember what's on the wing side of the wiring harness at the moment) and TWO connector housings.

I've had bad luck ordering molex connector pieces in the past. I always end up with the wrong housing or the wrong size pin.

Does anyone know the best source and part numbers for the housings and pins/sockets to attach to the wingtip lights and plug into the kit-supplied wingtip wiring harness?

I dug into the box more. The Molex connectors and pins were actually in the baggies with the mounting brackets for the lights. One step closer to blinking lights. :)

I stand corrected. The wingtip lights come with 4-position Molex connectors, male and female. So I probably have the pins I need, but not the housing to fit the wingtip harness that came with the RV-14 kit. Anyone know what I need to order?

Here you go, snipped from the WH-00125 diagrams.

Screenshot 2020-10-15 124527.jpg

Van's originally used a five pin connector for the wingtip harness connector C410J, but Molex discontinued it so they reverted to the four pin connector.

I hope that helps!

Here you go, snipped from the WH-00125 diagrams.

View attachment 3425

Van's originally used a five pin connector for the wingtip harness connector C410J, but Molex discontinued it so they reverted to the four pin connector.

I hope that helps!

That's very helpful, indeed. Thank you for posting it! It feels like my wing kit was just packed yesterday so a change like that is surprising, but it turns out that July 2019 was over a year ago. I guess the good side of that is that 2020 is going by quickly!

Back