What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1987 samurai alternator 14684n

ivana

Looking for installation instructions for this. I'm trying to put it on an Avid with O-320. I can't find the pin out for the three pin plug, can't even find the plug harness, which I don't have. Been to all the auto places in town. I think Van's use to supply this alternator. Information may be on this site, but I'm not good at searching.

plug type

What kind of plug is it? If it's this one, then here's your diagram:

https://store.dvelectronics.com/products/plug-282-802-0029

Schematic_030c2456-09bd-4638-a40b-eaf7fe07e43e_1024x1024@2x.jpg

alt field

connects to the IG terminal. most run a wire with spade connector. don't need a plug.

Thanks

Thanks guys, that's the one. I'm trying to keep this really simple and am happy with the internal regulator, if I'm sure I can shut the alternator down with the alternator switch. So I assume I should ground the field when I turn the alternator off. Is this correct? Thanks again for the help.

This is not a field wire, but an actuation wire. The field is powered inside the regulator connected to the B+ output.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I’m helping wire up an old RV9A kit that has this alternator. Can anyone confirm if the internal voltage regulator has over-volt protection, and does the 14V switched input turn the alternator on/off in a conventional manner?
Thanks.

Back