What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Remote radio rack

whpilot

I am looking to install a remote radio rack behind the baggage compartment bulkhead of my RV-6. Just wondering if anyone has done this before and how did you do it.
Thanks.

I am looking to install a remote radio rack behind the baggage compartment bulkhead of my RV-6. Just wondering if anyone has done this before and how did you do it.
Thanks.

I would avoid adding weight in the rear of the -6, they are already know to be a bit aft-bias on the CG. Of course that will vary by aircraft.

Thanks.
Hi I don’t have a full radio rack but I do have ADHRS, ADSB receiver and altitude encoder mounted together. The system I have is two 32 x25x1.5mm right angles placed crosswise between the top longerons. It seems to work ok though I did have vibration issues with the smaller right angle section that was used originally. If you were just putting a couple of remote radio boxes there I don’t see there is a great weight penalty.

Back