What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ray Stitts passing

xavierm

Well Known Member
Friend
From EAA Ch 1:
It is with a very sad heart that I need to report the news of Ray Stitts passing. I have no details at this time

As more information becomes available, I'll keep you posted.

Please pass this news on to everyone who should know. Ray was an aviation pioneer, as well as a good father and successful businessman. His generosity has been felt across the country, as well as in his own backyard, Flabob Airport.

He will be sorely missed.

And the RV1 started life as a stitts design so he is sort of a founding father (uncle?) of the vans airplanes

Ray Stits

EAA Chapters were Ray's idea, he founded EAA Chapter One.
He designed 15 airplanes, perhaps the most famous are the Junior and the Sky Baby, in their time the worlds smallest airplanes. Sky Baby is in Air and Space.
Very special to me because my first flight in and EAB was in the single place Stits Playboy. Also the first EAB I ever saw was a Stits.

At Flabob?s EAA 1, a BBQ-like gathering will be held to recognize the life of Ray Stitts and everything that he brought to the homebuilding aviation community. It will be after 3 PM (call it 4 PM) on Saturday, 17 June.

EAA Chapter 1 will be putting out an official announcement.

Here is the correct information.

The previous info I received was incorrect. The correct info is below.
ray%252520stitts.png

Back