What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Our training for the Pacific Airshow Gold Coast Australia

whitek2h

About a dozen Sydney-based RV drivers have been training our butts off as we have been invited to display in a 13-ship formation for the Pacific Coast Airshow in August 2023 on the Gold Coast in Australia.

We are all at very different levels of formation experience so we have plenty ahead as we come together as a team.

Here is a little video I've put together of our progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOzFsHY2u8

Hope you enjoy, Cheers Kevin RV6A

If there's anyone wondering who we are, what we're up to, and why we're doing it:

We were featured on the Plane Crazy Downunder podcast a few weeks back, and spent half an hour talking about it.

https://youtu.be/pmx5EB3cF_s

Our schtick is that we're a bunch of normal idiots who have received superb training which has enabled us to safely accomplish extraordinary things in the company of some of the nation's best pilots.

The message we want to convey is that none of us are even remotely special, anyone in our audience could do what we're doing if they order a kit, fly it, and get trained.

The Pacific Airshow will be a significant event on the Australian aviation calendar, and we want to be out there waving the flag for Experimental/Amateur Built general aviation.

Tell your friends :)

- mark

Outstanding.

Explains your sudden move to a smoke system, Mark.

I've been talking witih a couple of people locally as I'd like to put together a small team over here. My father was in an award-winning formation team in the 1970's and I grew up in the right seat watching him practice, so I'm real keen to emulate that. My daughter is real keen too... just need her to get her PPL finished. :)

Good luck with the big event - make sure you post photos/video.

Cheers,

Friend down under

Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Do you or any of your crew know my friend Nick “Motor” Bode? He’s a F-35 Trainer pilot based there from the USA.

I don't think we do, but if he's Jonesin' for an RV ride get him to reach out and we'll try to make him happy.

If he's doing F-35 training, he's probably stationed at RAAF Williamtown in Newcastle, but that's not very far away...

- mark

Back